Monday, June 13, 2011

Week 3

For some reason, I was really procrastinating on doing my 30 min. walk/run today.  I didn't do it when I woke up, so I just kept finding reasons to put it off.  I laid down and took a nap until 5:30 pm, because I could.  I laid there remembering - An object/person at rest wants to stay at rest, an object/person in motion wants to stay in motion. I need to get off my futon and start moving around and then I would be able to keep moving, right?  I got up, got my gym clothes on, grabbed my iPod and gym pass.  Off to the gym I go. 


I still was not pumped to be doing my walk/run today.  I walked past the outdoor yoga class. I didn't even know they did yoga outside! That is exciting, I will have to remember this for the future.  I warmed up, turned on my music, stretched and got on my treadmill (#1 is my favorite. It doesn't feel right when I have to be on any other treadmill.)  I kept telling myself, it's only 30 min.  I can do this. I've done it before. It's only 30 min.  I was slower today than last Thursday, but I increased my speed a little bit.  I probably shouldn't have increased it, because it made me slower with my walking time.  My walking speed stayed the same, but I needed longer to catch my breathe with walking.  Either way, I did 2 miles in 30 while walk/jogging. 

I also used this as a chance to practice my positive brain talk. Today's main ones were - I can, I will, I am.   And I'm benefiting from every step.  Also, short strides give me strength.  It was wonderful today. I saw someone I knew running on the track.  I didn't know he was runner, so seeing him gave a boost.  Then when he went around, waved and smiled, it was the energy boost I needed to propel me past the half way mark of my run.  It was so nice to have that unexpected "coincidence"! 

So, I made it through without any bathroom breaks.  I got to hear "Don't Stop Believing" and "I will  Survive", still two of my favorite songs.  I slowed down for my cool off period, and felt tired but not exhausted.  Then I stepped off my treadmill to get a towel to wipe down.  Then I felt lightheaded.  It was the first time that ever happened.  I think it had to do with my food.  I hadn't eaten since 1:30/2, and here it was 6:30pm.  So, I should probably make sure I that I eat when I'm supposed to, because I don't want to have to worry about my blood sugar dropping like that again!  I kept walking on the track after that, thinking that maybe I wasn't cooled down enough. But I just felt too tired.  So I stretched and went straight home to eat. 

I felt much better after eating. I also got a sign up form to be able to the Stow Firecracker 4 mile run on the Fourth of July.  I'm looking forward to doing a mini-race.  I feel pretty neutral about my run today.  I was pretty tired from all my activities over the weekend, so maybe that had something to do with it.  I will have another go at it on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment