Monday, June 20, 2011

Last Wednesday's Run and Shocking Dream

It's a bit late, but better late than never. Right? Right.  I did do my 30 min walk/run on Wednesday.  I was trying to increase my time, so I increased my speed slightly on my walking and my running.  My previous times was 3.6/4.0 which was probably about a 16/17 min mile pace.  So on Wednesday I did 3.7/4.4 pace which was probably about a 15 min. mile pace.  It was tougher, but I got through it.  It also wasn't such a drag as my run on Monday. I'm not sure why, but somehow doing my walk/run in the morning is easier than waiting til the evening.  And Wednesday's was in the morning before I went to work. This  is mostly what I remember from my day at the gym that day.  One of the reasons why blogging the day of is important!

I do need to write about the most shocking dream that I had last week though. I didn't really completely remember it until later in the day while working in the Biology lab. If you had been a fly on the wall, you would have thought that I was crazy.  Because I just bust out laughing because of this ridiculous dream that I had just remembered! So in my dream, I was running.  I think it might have been the marathon, I'm not really sure.  I was about half-way through my run and I was exhausted.  Really exhausted!  Now, some background information before I continue.  I have been reading Jeff Galloway's book called Marathon: You can do it!  There are several places where he tells you and continues to remind you to take your walk breaks starting from the very beginning of your run.  Not 20 min. in, not when you start getting tired, not when you decide is good, but at the BEGINNING.  Back to my dream, I'm completely exhausted and feeling like I'm ready to quit when someone asks me, "Did you take your walk breaks at the beginning like you were supposed to?"  I react all horrified realizing that I didn't take them early, and get really disappointed with myself.  Then I wake up.

How hilarious is that?  Not only did I have a running dream, but I also dreamed about forgetting to take my walk breaks when I should.  Just the face alone that I have had a running dream is pretty hysterical!  Who dreams about running?  Apparently, I do.

2 comments:

  1. This means that you are transforming into a run/walker :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take your word for it! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete