Wednesday, June 8, 2011

and we run. . .

It has been QUITE some time since I've last posted. And now that I've started my training for my half-marathon at the Akron Roadrunner, I figured that I should keep track of this life changing experience. Well, at least I hope that it will be life changing. Even if it's not, it will be a major accomplishment. The big day will be on September 24, 2011 at 7:00 am!

As you can possibly guess, since my activity level on my blog went down so did my actual activity level! Earlier this year, I had set out to work on conditioning for my half, but never continued past February. I have still been doing some sporadic treadmill and walking, but I wouldn't say I was training. I've also been quite sporadic with my yoga practice in the last 6 months. Starting my training for the half, I am hoping to be able to practice more yoga. I think the stretching and asanas (poses) are quite complementary to running.

I know part of the battle has been to actually start training. So, what got my butt moving? Lots of things, but mainly that I had already registered for the event. And who wants to spend money on something they aren't going to do? Not me! This is something that I have wanted to do for a long time. And I would say that running a marathon is on my bucket list. I need to run a half-marathon before I run a full marathon! I want to be able to prove that I can push myself and complete it. Even more, I want to prove to myself that you don't have to have 19% body fat to be able to complete a half, and that I can do it without getting injured or further injuring my body!

September 24, 2011 at 7 am, you will be able to see me line up for the Roadrunner and then complete the half-marathon! As long as, I live through the training!

No comments:

Post a Comment