Thursday, January 14, 2010

What a relief!

My neck is almost back to normal! I am so glad! When I was in the middle of the pain, it felt like it was never going to heal. I guess taking it easy and listening to your body really does work. I didn't make it to my yoga class on Tuesday, but I did practice at home. It was the relaxing, evening routine that I have on a DVD. I think the only asana (pose) that I didn't do, was Cataranga or Push-up pose. A friend told me that yoga would probably help my neck as long as it wasn't intense, and I have to say I didn't really believe her. But I have new faith in the healing power of yoga. It felt slightly better when I was done which was surprising for how stiff and sore I was. And then Wednesday I felt even better. I could move my neck around without automatically being in pain. It is wonderful. I am reading a book about Iyengar yoga and it is quite helpful! I will post the name of it the next time I write.

I have to say that my listening and trusting was quite a struggle yesterday. When things are out of my control, I tend to "freak out". I think whatever the worst case scenario is going happen and then worry about it happening. My stomach gets all upset and out of whack, and I have the urge to try and calm my fear with any available substance. These days it's food or money while it used to be alcohol and drugs. I'm am grateful that it isn't alcohol or drugs anymore, and I haven't gone crazy with food. But money. . .well, that's where I need to listen and trust. My friend tells me that there is enough time, love and money. For someone who typically doesn't feel like she has enough of anything, this is a difficult lesson or affirmation to hear. And to practice.

I must wrap this up and continue to practice! Thank you to everyone who encourages me and guides me! Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment