Friday, January 8, 2010

So, I did end up practicing yoga on Sunday night. It was almost like I was on auto pilot. In the past I would make up a million excuses why I didn't want to. It was actually the first time I did yoga at my new apartment. My new living room is much smaller than my old living room and that was one of the previous reasons I used to not do yoga. Well, my mat and I both fit in the living room along with my christmas tree that is still up. It was nice to some slow, relaxing yoga right before I went to bed. It still amazes me how great I feel when I am done and how much I am actually able to do. Especially when I have my little Kazuki trying to do yoga with me! He is a 10 lb. maltese-poodle mix. I love when he does his little stretches after waking up! I don't know if I will ever do down dog as good as he does it, but at least I can try.

I love how when I practice honoring myself with my yoga practice that it spills over into other areas of my life. Somehow it's easier to make healthier food choices. Easier to not spend my money compulsively. Easier to take care of myself and say no to something and relax. Easier to listen to my inner voice. This is part of my intention as I am on this life journey. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment