Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pain is Motivating

So, my ankle and wrist are much better. But my neck is still sore and stiff! I tend to be someone who is grateful for my physical abilities because I work with many clients that have very limited physical abilities. But I have a whole new appreciation for my neck and how important it is to everyday life. I will say that Arnica Gel is wonderful! Yesterday evening and today I have had to take it much easier than I was because I realized my neck was not improving. Now it is more stiff than say painful. It has been hard to just sleep on back. I am normally a side or stomach sleeper. But I am so fed up with it hurting that I have been willing to stay on my back.

If I am still stiff tomorrow, I will hopefully be able to get a massage. I am not sure if I am going to be able to go to yoga class on Tuesday. I would have to practice a lot of modifications and be okay with not doing as much as everyone else. I will see how things go!

If anyone is interested, www.yogajournal.com has a lot of tips. They even have a sanskrit dictionary and explanations on certain chants.

I am continuing my listen and trust mantra. As I have to decide about bidding for a job at work or not. Listen and trust. Listen and trust. . .Listen and trust.

Thank you to my friends for your support and love on this journey! Namaste.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah - I hope you feel better! Keep taking care of yourself. I sure did miss you this Tues. Thanks again for letting me know about the class and I am definitely experiencing some soreness. I will try to remember the mantra listen and learn! love you! Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angela! Hope we can practice together next week!

    ReplyDelete