Sunday, January 3, 2010

The chatter in my head

There have been several things in the past day or two that have nagged at me. Someone I admire is speaking, time with my girlfriend, down time, etc. All of these are excuses that I have in the past let me distract myself from things that nuture my soul. It has been challenging, yet rewarding to be able to say no and stay focused on my commitment to myself. My commitment to my yoga practice. I will be at yoga class on Tuesday, unless higher power has other plans. Until then I plan to actually do some yoga at home tonight - no excuses! It will help me prepare my mind and body to return to work after 9 days off. Namaste.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah Jeanne, I struggle with my body image, and stay stuck in unhealthy patterns of thinking and action with myself and my body. I am so proud of what you have accomplished. Be brave dear girl!

    I look forward to learning with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your post! Yoga has helped tremendously to help me hold my head high and be proud of the body that allows me to do so much. I have spent a lot of time being stuck in unhealthy patterns and I just don't want to do it anymore! Thank you for your encouragement! It is much appreciated to have people that share the positive and not dwell on the negative! Looking forward to learning with you as well!

    ReplyDelete