Saturday, July 16, 2011

A MUCH Needed Update. . .End of Week 7!

I just looked and saw that I haven't posted since June 29! Time seriously flies by when you are living in the moment. Since the last time that I blogged, I was cleared by a doctor to keep training.  He actually told me to continue to be active and that I looked good.  I also completed 6.4 mile run/walk which was completely exhilarating.  I went out of town for work and was only able to maintain my yoga practice.  But I was able to resume training after being back for 2 days which brings us to this week. . .

Tuesday, I met my friend Allison for some run/walking. We did about a half hour run/walking then another half hour walking, to rest her leg that was giving her problems.  Then Wednesday, I got to do my fun cross-training at Munroe Falls Lake park! It was fantastic.  I swam 800 meters all together in about 35/40 minutes.  Had a break, then Laura and I run/walked about 1.25 miles.  After that we got to hear from Mickey who is super knowledgeable about Triathlons.  He told us about the rules and what are the most common disqualifiers and penalties.  It really got me thinking about trying one.  Also, fabulous news. . .Cassie has scored me a free bicycle that someone donated to the group!  I'm so excited. I get to pick it up tomorrow.

I was thinking about doing another run/walk on Thursday, but decided to let it slide for the week. Especially since I had just done everything at the lake the night before.  I did go for a 30 minute easy walk with Allison though in the evening.  Sometimes it is hard to slow down and do an easy walk, even though I do enjoy it.

Friday was supposed to be a rest day.  I say supposed to because I had planned to watch my 8 and 5 year old nephews that day and have them spend the night.  I have a very small efficiency and really didn't want them to get bored at my place. So, we swam which involved - Marco Polo, diving races, water tag, and throwing them around the pool.  We went the fountains at downtown Cuyahoga Falls, walked to the library and gas station then back to my apartment.  It was great fun, but a little exhausting. The good kind of exhausted!

I did make sure that I did my yoga before they came over at 7:30 am.  I also took some arnica, and ibuprofen. Thankfully, I was so busy I didn't really have much time to obsess and worry about my 8 mile run/walk that I needed to do in the morning.  I knew that I could probably do it. I was only a mile and half longer than my last long run. But it sounds daunting. . .8 miles. 8 M-I-L-E-S.  Seriously, I didn't think I could 3 miles a few weeks ago!  Enough of that. By now I've learned, I just need to show up and I will be given what I need when I get there.  I hope. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment